Saturday, April 10, 2010

Last email to AVIS customer 'care'

------ Forwarded Message
From: Kalinca Copello
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 15:01:47 +0200
To: Vincent Vassen
Cc:
Subject: Re: URGENT Complaint about AVIS Umhlanga

Dear Mr Vassen,

thank you for your quick reply. I acknowledge your apology, although an apology is the least I would have expected.

For you to say that you "hope that the credit in some small way makes up for the inconvenience caused" is an outrageous and insulting statement to make.

Considering our previous exchanges I can assume that you are aware of the situation - the money was credited back to my account (although I will need to check if it indeed has) from Avis because it was taken by "mistake" (I give you the benefit of doubt in assuming incompetence rather than intent).

It is not a compensation that Avis returns the money which it should not have taken in the first place.

Avis has in no way shown or even attempted to show good will in this case. I have had to make several trips to Avis branches, numerous phone calls, and emails - Avis has been neither forthcoming or shown any sign of customer service.

I am astounded that you see the correction of your mistake as compensation, as the provision of customer care, for all the time, nerves and patience you have cost me.

yours, deeply insulted and upset,

Kalinca Copello

No comments:

Post a Comment